Cities

Monday, February 4, 2013

Pinterest Food...

...doesn't always turn out as pictured!  Although pinterest has some great ideas - ideas is the key word - it's important for me to remember that sometimes these ideas are done and photographed by professionals.  Not done by your average joe like me.

I have recently tried some pinterest recipes and while they turned out well, they didn't necessarily turn out as I had planned.

Bite size tacos...wonton wrappers brushed with egg whites and filled with taco meat.  Then topped with cheese.  Nick also added lettuce while my back was turned...after I said "no I don't want to add lettuce".  Men.  Note on these - they cool quickly and the meat gets tough if you stick them back in the oven.

Pinterest:
Leslie:


Frozen fruit skewers for champagne...buy fruit, skewer, freeze...add to flute of champagne!

Pinterest:

                                                 
Leslie:

         

         

Mini caprese...mozzarella balls, basil leaves and cherry tomatoes.  Cut accordingly to make everything bite size and able to fit on a toothpick.  My cheese was already marinated, but you could buy it without marinade and then drizzle with balsamic.  Love these and will make again, but they are labor intensive.

Pinterest:
                                            
Leslie:

          

This next one is not a recipe found on pinterest, but it's one that I'm tempted to add to pinterest!  Nick can get creative with food, especially eggs and breakfast. One Saturday morning he used what was left of the wonton wrappers to make mini quiches.

Mini quiches...egg white brushed wonton wrappers filled with egg, scallions, red pepper, and cheese mixture.






Love from Virginia!

1 comment:

  1. Les, I love that you're trying these new ideas in your kitchen! I need some new ones for bridge night and I'll be calling you soon :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete